Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Salad fusion.

Not to pat myself on the back, but *pat pat pat* this is one of my best ideas yet! 
I came back from a 1 hour fat burn fusion class followed by a 15 minute cool down stretch then a 30 minute core workout and I was starving! I wanted something healthy too.  I felt too good to want to ruin it with crap food. 
But I came across the problem that I was torn between some eggs and a salad.  So I figured why not have both?  People eat boiled eggs on salad all the time. But I didn't want to boil eggs, that takes too long. So I thought "hey, a cooked egg is a cooked egg, right?".
Light bulb. :)
So I started dragging out all the ingredients for the best salad ever!
First the iceberg/romaine salad mix. It has carrots, radishes, and purple cabbage.
Then spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and an egg.  Then another light bulb.  I got out ham, onions, mushrooms.  Then another light bulb, and out came dries cherries and some cheese. 
Heated my pan, added a little olive oil, then the onions, mushrooms, ham, and dried cherries. After they were all browned and smelled good I cracked one egg into it and scrambled it all up.  Then in a bowl I had the salad mix, spinach, Cherry tomatoes, avocados, and cheese.
I topped it all off with the scrambled eggs.  No dressing needed. ;)
A slice of wheat toast with a little butter and this was one of the best lunches ever!  :)
HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!
Happy eating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment