Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just a minnie birthday. :)

Sorry for the long pause. I hope you all missed me. :)
After a week of a sick kid, I had two days to pull together a birthday for my now 4 year old. :)
It was decided by her sisters that the theme should be minnie mouse, so off to the store I went late one night while daddy was watching them fighting bed time, and I gathered birthday supplies and cake supplies. I made cookies and cake. Mainly because one of Arcee's best friends is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, and peanuts, so he can surprisingly eat oreos, and I had seen a great little idea with oreos to make mickey and minnie mouse heads.  (we wont go into how disturbing it is that Oreos have no milk, or eggs, or soy in them...because I still like to eat them.) ;)

Then I scanned the web for pictures of minnie mouse cakes to get some good ideas, and when I found one I thought I could pull off in a day, I jumped on it. :)

So this is what I made:


 


I made the bows out of vanilla almond bark that I colored pink.  This allowed me to make them and then let them harden. Then I used some of the left over candy as glue to stick the ears onto the cookies and the bow onto the ear.















 


The cake was 3 circle pans that I cut and put together.













I then outlined in chocolate icing the face and the bow. I put a couple oreos as the center of the bow so I could make it a bigger bow. My original idea was to have a bow on the ear like her cookies, but after drawing that I was not happy with it, and changed it.



This is the chocolate icing done. My hand was cramping already at this point and I took a break, took a picture, and did some cleaning up just to give my hands a break from holding a piping bag. 

 The rest of it went really fast after that. The tan colored stuff was much looser of an icing then the chocolate and it was harder to get a good tip out of it, but it worked alright.












This was the cake and cookies at her party last night.  She had a blast!  Not to mention that she freaked out when she saw her cake! (I did all the decorating during nap time on Monday just so I could surprise her with her cake.)  

I think this is the best cake I have ever made for my kids birthdays. :)




HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARCEE!!  
My littlest lady is 4 years old now. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment