Sunday, October 14, 2012

Who said meatloaf had to be beef??

I was trying to clean out my fridge tonight so I could go grocery shopping tomorrow and ended up making a dish that I really liked.

Here's how it went.

One carrot diced small
One celery stick diced small
White onion diced small (about equal to carrot/ celery mixture)
About one tablespoon Roasted red peppers diced small.
Put in a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons apricot jam and 2 tablespoons coconut milk. (What I had). :)

Then mix thoroughly. 
Heat skillet.
Dice up one big chicken breast

Add veggie mixture to hot skillet and mix.  Toss In chicken.  Mix in some more coconut milk if needed to moisten chicken.

Take off heat and put it back in the bowl, then add 2 eggs and one piece of toast cut into small diced

Put mixture into pie pan. (9 inch)
Then bake until firm and slightly brown. 

I paired it with the pepperoni green beans and enjoyed it!

Happy eating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment