Friday, October 12, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust.

This is AWESOME!  ;)

 It only has 3, yes 3, ingredients.

1 head of cauliflower, shredded
2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 eggs

(so this pizza crust is grain and gluten free!)

Shred the cauliflower with a box grater. I was going to try the food processor on half of it to see how it would compare to the box grater, but I didn't want to dirty up my food processor and all its pieces tonight. :)  
(at least I am honest, right?)






UPDATE!!  I forgot to add that I put Italian seasoning into the mixture as well.  I just added by sight, so I am not sure how much I put in there, maybe 1-2 tbsp.  But you can add as much or as little as you like.







When it is all mixed together it looks kind of crumbly, but I just pressed it into a cookie sheet that I lined with foil and sprayed for good measure.  Which turned out to be a good thing because it really stuck to the parts of the foil that didn't get sprayed.





This is what is looked like all toasted and lightly browned.  I cooked it for about 18 minutes on 350 to get it browned lightly before topping it. 













Topped the girls side with turkey pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and black olives. 

But Mine had Spinach, mushrooms, black olives, cherry tomatoes, canadian bacon, roasted red peppers, and then both halves were topped with parmesan cheese. :)











Baked all up and dinner was ready!!


 





Once it cooled a bit it actually held together enough to pick up and eat like a regular piece of pizza! 





It was very filling so I ate less of it then I would have a regular pizza and it seems like it could be healthier.  Although it ended up having quite a bit of cheese on it.   :)










Happy Eating!!
Thanks for reading!
Let me know if you try this and if you like it!

Special thanks goes to Kryn!  
She gave me the idea, and the instruction to make this deliciousness!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment