Monday, October 15, 2012

Chocolate pudding trial!

So, i had to try out that recipe that I posted for the allergy free chocolate pudding.

Here is how it went:


I gathered all the ingredients.

I put the honey in the coconut milk, cut up the banana and the avocado. (it was scored in the skin) then had my cocoa and my lemon. 
















I mixed it into the blender because most people do not have a food processor and I wanted to see how easy it would be to do it the "normal" way. 
I blended up just fine.
once it was a consistent and smooth texture I poured it into 4 cups.








Put it in the fridge and waited until the girls got home from school and it was snack time. 

I told them that it was chocolate pudding, nothing more, nothing less.


Everyone took the first bite, and they all went, YUM!, 
Then the second bite and they said "This is weird".  
Then the third (very tentative) bite and they all said "mommy can we have something else?"


Sadly, this recipe got 4 thumbs down from us.

But since this is for someone with many allergies they will have a very different palate then we do.  We know what chocolate pudding tastes like and this is just too different to sit right, but for the kiddos that have never be able to have chocolate pudding, then this will be a sweet treat for them. :)

But if it makes you feel better......

This is what I had for breakfast.   ;)


HAPPY EATING!  
And if you try this out please let me know what YOU thought. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment