Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Female Turtle Brownies

I was making some brownies for an event I am catering on Labor Day and I love to make Turtle brownies, and love how they turn out, so away I started. Then I realized that I need to stay away from nuts for this event, so I just left the pecans out. (which is a bummer, because I like how they look with the half pecan on the top of each square. maybe I will do one that way and take a picture so you can see them.)

So what is a turtle with no nuts??  A female of course.  ;)

So they are officially Female Turtle brownies. (Because "Caramel Brownies" have been done before.)




 Here are the  caramel brownies from the oven. (missing the two little taster pieces, of course)





Then I made up some Caramel Frosting and frosted them. (I left a couple plain because Trey likes them better without the icing)






 





Turtle Brownies. Normally my turtle brownies will have pecan pieces in them, but these were just decorated this way to give you an idea of how they look in the end.  These are some of my best selling brownies. :)





Female Turtle Brownies =  Turtle brownies with no nuts.  (I crack myself up....)  ;)









 



I did a very good job and only ate a couple of these worth of pieces.  :D

So, to make up for it, I made myself a nice healthy lunch. Vegetarian even. A salad of spinach and salad mix with mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers, cottage cheese and just a little drizzle of my homemade honey mustard dressing. 
Then I reheated some left over minestrone.  yummy.  With a couple glasses of water and a blog later, I should be ready to tackle the rest of the cookies for the day.  :) 




Something for you to drool over.....;)
Have a good afternoon. 
If I have time I will upload pictures of the cookies I made. But I may just wait and show off all the platters when they are set up.  ;)








4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! :) they were a lot of fun to make. They are not as gooey as I like brownies to be, but I opted for that so that they would be easier to decorate and cleaner to eat. (gooey brownies are very hard to frost. lol)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can save you one of the one with the pecans on it, since I am not taking those to the party. (its a nut free party) ;) miss you too honey!

      Delete