Sunday, August 26, 2012

A day at work

I work on Sundays all day, and I love my job!  I get to help people get healthier all day. :)
But today I had the hardest time getting myself up and going. I felt like I left my brains at home. haahahaa
On the up side, we had a good day and things went well. I also had one hell of a good lunch. :D


 This is what I call the California Salad.  We have a sandwich that is called the California chicken. It has a whole chicken breast with roasted red peppers and Swiss cheese that is toasted to melt. then you add lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Its all on a ciabatta bun.  


 


The bread is very good but high in sugar, fat, and calories. So instead I just toasted the chicken with the peppers and swiss cheese and the cut in up and put in on a bed of lettuce with the avacado diced up.
Then I drizzled just a little of our house made ranch dressing and tossed some of our fruit and seed salad topper for some crunch.  It was very yummy!

I got to get my girls ready for their first day back at school tonight and then finally got to sit down and write in my blog.
No huge tidbit of nutritional knowledge for tonight, just sharing my good lunch.  We also go these new bars at work called Good greens. I had the chocolate coconut one and it tasted so yummy.  they greatest part is that it has a full days serving of fruits and veggies in it.  And its 100% clean!  All natural goodness.  I enjoyed that as my "just got off work" snack. :)

Well, I hope you all had a good Sunday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment