Sunday, February 10, 2013

Turkey Asian Slaw

I needed to use some cabbage that I got in the Bountiful baskets that I get and was looking for a different idea then just cabbage and sausage. As much as I love a good batch of cabbage and sausage, I am the only one in my house that does. :(

I decided to do a spin off of cole slaw that could be a little meal in itself. 

I had some turkey pieces in my freezer that I had left over from a large turkey, so most of it was dark meat pieces. 




 

I used a box grater and grated up some carrots and english cucumber. Then chopped up some mushrooms and some onions and mixed that together.













I then thinly sliced the cabbage and mixed that together too. 


 





 
 





The turkey pieces were thawed out and I broke up the pieces so they were about bite sized and then mixed that into my cabbage mixture.

 


Next I made some sauce with peanut butter, mayo, sesame oil, stone ground mustard, and a little soy sauce. This was pretty good. I wanted to give it an Asian sort of flavor since most of my kids are not big fans of just standard cole slaw style flavors. :)







Happy Eating!!  


As requested, here is a written recipe:
1/2 head green cabbage
2 carrots shredded
1/2 Cucumber shredded
1/2 onion chopped 
2 mushrooms diced

Sauce: (approximately)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Mayo  (I used the olive oil mayo)
1 tsp sesame oil 
1 Tbsp ground mustard
just a dash of soy sauce. 
 Mix together then add to the cabbage. It will be dry, but keep mixing until everything is blended. 
The flavors will blend even better as it sits in the fridge for about 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!! Let me know if you try it and how you liked it! :)
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment