Friday, February 15, 2013

Breakfast stuffed Potatoes.

One of the things from Pinterest that I have tried that I really like so far. I didn't follow the recipe per se, I saw a picture and went to town with the idea. :)



 

I hollowed out a couple raw potatoes.

I cracked one egg into each.

Cooked ground breakfast sausage ontop and cooked them at 350 until the egg was cooked and the potato felt soft.






 
 Sprinkled the cheese ontop and but it in.  Switched the oven to broil and melted the cheese.

I could have used with a little salt and butter in the potato before I put the egg and it would have been better. As it was, once you ran out of bites with the sausage and cheese, it was a little bland. ;)








To fix that slightly bland flavor, I ate it with salsa and it was yummy.  I shared it with a friend of mine and he liked them too.  If you hollow out the potatoes the night before and the sausage/bacon/ham is ready, this is a very quick breakfast to make that comes out all warm and yummy for those cold mornings.  I will be making this again to share with more people.  Very Easy.  I will add and variations I play with to this blog later. :)


 HAPPY EATING!



You will need:

Raw potato
1 egg per potato, raw
cooked breakfast sausage (or chopped up bacon or ham)
Shredded cheese of your choice. (next time I am trying pepperjack slices)
Salt, Pepper, and butter if you wish.







No comments:

Post a Comment