Sunday, February 17, 2013

Say "Queso". :D

For days every time I asked my hubby what he wanted to eat, he would say "chips and queso"  So I just decided to make ships and queso for dinner. :)

I first cooked the ground beef, that is the easy part. ;)

While that is cooking I chopped up:
1/2 onion
1/2 jalapeno (I could have used the whole thing, but wasn't sure if they kids would eat it that spicy, it turned out really mild)
1 red sweet pepper (mini one)
2 potatoes, peeled
1 tomato, save the juice. 













 
Toss that all in with the beef and cook it all up.  













 


Then add your cheese.
I used some cheapo velveeta because my husband loves it.  
When I reheated it the next day I mixed in some pepper jack and it was much better, so you can start with some as well. Let the cheese get mostly melted first, then start adding your milk slowly until it is the consistency you want it to have. 










Other things you can add into it for good hearty queso is black beans (canned or precooked), corn, mushrooms, and anything else that suits your fancy.  Let me know if you try any mixtures that work good for you and your friends/family.  It took me a couple variations to get this recipe down.  Since it has the meat in it, I just let them eat it with chips and call it dinner. :)  Not the healthiest dinner, but every now and then you just have to feed them something fun and yummy. :)








 Feliz Comiendo!
(Happy Eating!)




No comments:

Post a Comment