Monday, March 25, 2013

One Month Of Intensity! :D

This week marked the end of 6 weeks of being a personal chef. 
It has been SO much fun! I have had fun cooking all the meals and hearing how much he has liked them.

Each week I have been ordering Bountiful Baskets and using whatever I get in them to base the next week menu off of. It has been fun and exciting. I have been perfecting some of my techniques not just in cooking but the timing and the business of it. I got myself my first food saver machine and went a little nuts repackaging most of my freezer just to play with it. :) 

I am hoping to be able to expand my business to include one or two other clients that I will cook for as well as getting into some online nutrition and cooking consultations as a partner with Paramount Strength and Conditioning.   So many exciting things are moving me forward towards what I am passionate about.  I swore that I was not going to have my own business. I didn't want the hassle. Apparently life had other plans and here I am on the cusp of doing exactly that. :D




This last weekend I got to go and see my very first power lifting competition and see my client and personal training Coaches go all out with some intense lifts and they all took home 1st place. :)
My client and His wife have an amazing program at their gym and they have produced some great results in their lifters and their members. I have had a blast getting to know them all and getting stronger along side them. Doing her Beauty By Barbell class has made me more confident in my own skin, which has been a long time coming.  I have lost track of how many fad diets and workout classes and programs I have gone through just trying to chase this image of perfection I had in my head of myself. I have found something so much better with these people. I have found a community built around becoming stronger each day then the day before, taking each challenge with a deep breath, and carrying an intensity for everything you do. I still notice the things about me that I wish I could change, but now I see a strength in me that I never thought was there, but they saw in me the first time I lifted with them. I am still so new to this world of lifting and working out this way that I bombard them with questions about everything from proper form to what muscles each thing works, etc. and they seem to like answering each of them. They have a passion for strength, not just in physical fitness, but in community and sportsmanship and it definitely has leaves an impression. :)  
If you haven't checked this place out yet, you can find their facebook page here, the link above gets you to their webpage, and you can follow the link for the women only beauty by barbell facebook page.


So, that is my update. 
Great things have been happening due to some of the great people that I have been working with. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment