Monday, March 25, 2013

Fried Avocados.

We went out to eat at Taco Diner here in Dallas after the Power lifting competition to celebrate and I ordered the vegetarian Fried Avocado Tacos and they were so good that everything else seemed somehow less worthy of my stomach space. I ended up ordering another 2 tacos. But that was enough to inspire me to try this at home. I did. And it was easy and awesome, so I am sharing it with you. :)  (yes, I know, I am so giving it hurts sometimes. haahaa)








I used panko bread crumbs and seasoned it with some paprika, black pepper, and some garlic powder.













Press the avocado pieces into the panko crumbs, it takes some work to get it good and covered. 











I used coconut oil to fry them in, and used the spoon to slide them into the oil.  It does not take long to get a nice dark brown color.















 Turn it over and make sure that both sides are evenly toasted.




 


Nice brown fried avocado slices.  I munched on 3 or 4 of them while I was cooking them.  The middle slices turned out better then the edge pieces, so those are the ones I left for my clients fish tacos. :)




 



Each blackened Tilapia fish tacos got one nice big fried avocado slice on it.  











Christian By his Trophies holding the Fried Avocado Fish Tacos. Can't wait to see hoe he likes them! :)
Happy Eating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment