Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I got this idea from my sister's blog who I believe got it from Pinterest, But wherever it came from, I am glad that it came across me, because it was pretty darn good. :)  

Her recipe called for a can of soup, but I am not fond of using canned anything if I do not have to, so I tried it without it to see what would happen......it was pretty good. :)  

Obviously, these are both great ideas and you can mix and match and play with either one and call it your own. Mine, I used a cornbread stuffing so that it was low in gluten so my client could have some too. (I like to share with him) :)



Diced chicken and ham


 I baked 2 chicken breasts in the oven until they were cooked all the way through, then diced them up and toss them in a bowl. I got a large slice of ham from the deli and diced it up too. Mix them together and try to get them all spaced together good. :) I sprinkled salt, pepper, and some garlic on top of it all.











Swiss Cheese Slices



Lay your swiss cheese slices all over the top and try to get every bit covered good. 
(This is the BEST part.) ;)












Cornbread stuffing



I used the cornbread stuffing recipe found Here, but you do NOT want to use precooked stuffing, so instead of cooking it in the oven to get all nice a crispy like the recipe says, just put it in the fridge until you are ready to spread it on top of here.












Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, then let set. (Letting it set allows the swiss cheese to cool and hold it together better)  
Then slice and serve. :)  
I served it with a little course ground mustard to dip/top it with and it was great. :)


HAPPY COOKING!!
And a great big thanks goes out to Sarah and her blog for the recipe to try!

For full recipe you can view her blog following the link at the top of the page, or Here






No comments:

Post a Comment