Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Breakfast Pasta

I know that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but I should really try and get some more posts about other foods.  sheesh....   oh, well, since I am here and you are here to read it, I might as well share my breakfast pasta. :)



 


First I cooked the noodles.  I used a box of macaroni for this since its my little girls favorite noodles.











 


While the noodles cooked, I chopped up some tomatoes, mushrooms, and some orange sweet peppers










I sauteed them in some olive oil until soft and golden brown. 














I then added some capers. :)












Next I added the eggs to it.  For this I used 4 eggs.  I could have used more and it would have been a little more eggy then noodly....:)

 









I folded in the noodles and added some Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and some more olive oil (or butter if you want a richer flavor)











Finally, just top with some shredded Parmesan cheese and eat. :)
Molto Benne!!
 Its also REALLY good with avocado on top!


Keep in mind that this is a simple recipe and so had a nice smooth and subtle flavor.  One of my kids thought it was too bland, but I liked the simple flavor of eggs and pasta. :)  Other Ideas to add flavor to it would be to cook some sausage or bacon with the veggies, or add more veggies to it like spinach, more peppers, onions, etc.  I kept it simple due to the fact that it was grocery day so that is all I had, and then added more to the left overs for different flavors. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment