Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pinball Madness!


Ok, so this has taken me longer then I figured it would to get to it. The DFW Pinball and Arcade Club Pinball tournament was Monday and the event went great!  People seemed to really like the food and just the whole idea that these things can come with food. I had a fun time doing it as well. It took over my entire house for a week, but that is why I don't do this often. :)


The Menu consisted of: 
Meatball Rolls
Pigs in a blanket
Sandwich wraps
-Red Pepper Chicken
-Turkey Club
-Grilled Vegetable with Brie
Vegetable Platter
Veggie Tartlets
Chips and dip
Cookies, Brownies, and Cupcakes for dessert.

Meat ball rolls we really easy. They were a last minute addition when the number of guests went from 50 to 70. :)  I used Italian style meatballs and home style biscuits. roll the biscuit around the meatball, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and some herbs on top then refrigerate til day before, then bake.  These are always a big hit. They are filling and really easy, and can feed a crowd. 
I had to build the wraps the night before to keep them from going soggy before people got to eat them.  I built them all then wanted to toast them so that they would have a good texture and would stay closed. I do not have a sandwich grill or panini press or anything like that, so I used my waffle iron.  (yes, I said my waffle iron, trust me, it worked great!)
I sealed it good, let me a nice clear halfway mark to use to cut them, and left cute little squares on the wraps. I felt Like a genius! 
This is the first contained of wraps. Around 60 of them in there. That contains the Turkey club ones and most of the Red Pepper Chicken wraps.  The rest got put on another tray. I lined the bottom with lettuce to give them some cushion and make them a little taller so that they were even with the top of the container.  it made the wraps look larger and the container look fuller.
This is the brilliant idea i had to warm the pigs in a blanket and the meatball rolls the morning of the event. I trays with the meat ball rolls were too big to fit side by side and I didnt want to have to reheat them all in stages because then one of them would be cold by the time the even was set up, so i moved my racks down and just sat one on top of the other. Again, I felt like a genius. ;)





This is the event table all set up.  With my friend Jennifer taking pictures of the other side too. (everyone say: Hi, Jennifer)   I had table clothes down and everything uncovered for service and labeled, but so that you can see it all better I took closer pictures.


 Meatball rolls, pigs in a blankets, and the veggie wraps.

The wraps and the pigs in a blankets again.





Veggies and sides.


 These ar ethe veggie tartlets.  They were a huge hit as well!  Its cresent roll dough on the bottom with a vegetable and dill cream cheese whipped and spread on it then topped with diced raw vegetables. People that do not like vegetables, seem to like these.



And due to popular request, we had some chips and dip.









 Desserts!  Chocolate chip cookies in the back, chocolate sugar cookies (the chefs signature recipe) Caramel Brownies, (my girl turtles) and then some jello poke cupcakes.  (something fruity and fun for the kids.)









There was a little boy there that had many allergies, so I made sure to mark the foods he could eat with a chuck e cheese character (because he loves chuck e cheese and so would want to eat the foods that chuckie was "thumbs up"ing) I made sure he had one entree and one vegetable/side, and one dessert. Since none of the desserts I baked would fit into his diet, I provided some Oreos for him. (because they do surprisingly) 















 EVERYTHING had a label so that people knew what they were eating and what the allergy warnings were for all of them. That seemed to go over very nicely and I may keep that as a solid practice for future events as well.


I competed in the tournaments as well, got 4th place in both the womens tournament and the C division (or what they called the Small Kahuna Division).  But for the C division I was given a Stern Pinball shirt, that Arcee ran around in for a day. :)


All in all it was a great event and a fun day!!  yay for Holidays.  Now I am taking donations to get a nice long pedicure for my sore feet and trying to find the motivation to do laundry. :)












Hope it was worth the wait, and that you all had a great Labor Day Weekend!! 
And a Big Thanks to the DFW Pinball and Arcade Club for having me Cater their Labor Day Tournament. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment