Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One year ago.....


It had been one year ago today that I started my blog.  My two older kids had just started school and for the first time in a long time I was a stay at home mom of just one during the day.  To keep myself busy and to further my knowledge and love of food and nutrition I started this blog.  

For this one I wanted to share the school   lunches I have made for the first couple days of school.   I have been seeing all this fun stuff about bento boxes and had to dive in!  Such fun ideas!  

I have started simple and to get more creative as I go.  First I needed some cute bento boxes.  



I got them these cute reusable bags for snacks as well. The containers open with two levels. 



The bottom one is sectioned and the top is not. 




The first day of school lunch I played with some of my cutters and made shaped grilled cheese and turkey/ham sandwiches with some fresh fruit and veggies in the bottom. A flavored honey stick on top and a chocolate piece on the bottom with 2 quarters in each for milk at school.  They also have little refillable water bottles. 





Second day of school was fun. They asked for pancakes. ;).  So I have them pancakes, sausage, fruit, and one got fruit snacks and the other a little chocolate piece. ;)



Tonight I let them help me make their own.   My oldest chose Mexican rice and beans left over from tacos with a tortillas. Ten some carrot and broccoli.  She got a Swiss roll and fruit snacks. 




My other one had a pinwheel style sandwich with yogurt, veggies, Swiss roll and fruit snacks. 




So far it been fun.  Which I guess is the only way to survive a whole school year of making two lunches a day.  ;)

Happy lunch time!!   And thank you for one whole year!!!!

1 comment: