Monday, August 19, 2013

Dinner of necessity. ;)

As I stated in my last blog, our party this last weekend left y house with an abundance of chips, dips, and soda.  Normally things I do not stock my house with, but since I have it I refuse to waste it.  Dinner, of course, would just have to use what I could.  

First, I took a recipe floating around Facebook and ran with it.  

Potatoes. Diced and in an oven safe dish

Next, ranch dip

Add diced onions and some spices 
 
Mix, mix, mix.....
 
Add cheese, because that is essential. And mix more....


Add to potatoes.  
 Mix up, out on lid or cover it with foil, put in over


Set timer.   

Next, get your meat out. 

The stuff in the fridge! 


This is chicken with a little bit of BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and Whataburger creamy pepper sauce. (Don't ask, I just had some in my fridge)

Also I did some fish:
 
This is tilapia with spinach dip on it and Pablo tea crumbs.   Don't judge, it sounded great. ;)



By this time you should have the timer go off for your potatoes.  Take out of oven an toss them gently.  The sauce with melt and sink to the bottom. You want it mixed well. Re cover and put back in oven.  Add the meat on the top rack ad the potatoes in the bottom rack.  

Set the timer again.  Another 15 minutes.

Edit:  you should wait and not put your meat in when I did. My meat is done and the potatoes have at least another 15 minutes (they were still kinda crunchy). 

I took out the meat, covered it with foil, and left it on the warm stove top.  Moved the potatoes to the top rack (bottom was a bit too toasty) and started another 15 minute timer.  

Another note: cut your potatoes smaller then I did or allow an hour for this to cook!!!   Still not done after 3 fifteen minute timers set and the potatoes stirred.   Put it back in for another 15 minutes.  *sigh, I'm hungry.  

After another 20 minutes the potatoes were STILL crunchy.  What the snapple????   
So we ate anyway.  




Must find a way to fix the potatoes issue. They oven roast in less then 20 minutes on a sheet tray.  This was just plain crazy.  

Well, I hope you liked the ideas.  The fish turned out nice a creamy and the chicken had a good kick.  The potatoes tasted great and the green beans added a touch.


HAPPY EATING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment