Monday, August 19, 2013

A dip. You know, the good kind of dip.

So, we had a party this last weekend after all was said and done, my fridge is stuffed with left over drinks and my pantry is stuffed with bag of chips.  Because I don't like to waste anything, some of my more strict diet rules are being ignored, but back to Fresh fruits and Veggies when I get space in my fridge again. ;)

Lunch came around today and all the girls wanted chips.  So I decided to whip up a layered dip. 

Can of black beans and some chopped onions in a small pot.  Boil.   Then mash. Layer one. ;)


Left over sticky rice, add chili powder, and cumin, and a little water sprinkles, microwave until hot, mix in diced tomatoes.  "Mexican style rice" is layer two. :D


Ground beef, about 1/3 pound, makes layer 3.  


No dip is good without cheese, so that was layer 4.  ;)


I diced up some more tomatoes and dices up one avocado and mixed that together with a little lime juice and salt.  Layer 5. 



It was so good and VERY filling.  Between me am 3 kids we did honest bit all. This has been voted as a bento lunch option. ;). Success!!  


Recap:  black beans and rice = complete protein. Beef, good protein. Cheese, always good. Avocado and tomato = healthy fat and vitamin C. Can't go wrong. ;)

HAPPY DIPPING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment