Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slow Roasted Pork Ribs

The other night I slow cooked some pork ribs in my roasting pan for the first time. I got the roasting pan from my sister for Christmas so there are things that I normally cook in my oven that I have gotten the chance to play with in my roaster.  

I kept it pretty simple and just used some honey smoked BBQ sauce and just a bit of Worcestershire sauce to thin out the BBQ sauce enough to get a good coat on the rib.
I put it in my roaster at 200 and let it go, I think it took about 3-4 hours, I do not remember exactly, but just let it go until it starts to fall apart. :)






 I pan roasted some potatoes with the skin on to retain the nutrients there and just sprinkled some olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. 











For the veggies I steamed some zucchini and carrots.
Since the carrots are bigger and tougher then the zucchini they were still a little crunchy, but in our house we prefer it that way. :)  If you want soft carrots, then you will need to start the carrots steaming and when they are about 70% to where you want them, then add in the zucchini. :)







It turned out really good and we ate all of it. My dogs were very happy they got some bones too. :)  We had some homemade bread with it as well.   
It was great to have on a rainy day because it made the house smell good and my kitchen warm.  

HAPPY COOKING! And eating. :)

 Follow my facebook page to get updates on new blog posts!
Hope to see you there! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment