Sunday, January 27, 2013

Adventures in Exercising......

Last night I had the pleasure of going out to a new gym here in town and meeting some fun people!  A friend of mine invited me out to an Open house for Paramount Strength and Conditioning.
I played on some Silk Ropes and did some barbell dead lifts.
I learned so much about barbell strength and conditioning and got to watch some really cool Silk Rope demonstrations by Moxie Mischief.  It was a fun filled night, and I encourage anyone in the area to check them out! They have quite a bit of knowledge and experience at their disposal and are very attentive. :)








Before this night I cannot recall ever dead lifting before.  He started me out with a 65lb bar and worked my way up to 135lbs! I Surprised myself!  Learning that I can do something that I had never thought of before is always an experience that I hold in high regard.  

(I added this after I posted the blog when I noticed that I had forgotten to post about this.)









Follow Them on their Facebook page for future open houses and events!! A must see here is Dallas! :)

https://www.facebook.com/paramountathletics

Owned and Run By Christian and Stephanie. :)









HAPPY EXERCISING!!!
Through trial there is strength. 






2 comments:

  1. I blogged about this today too! You are a great writer :) I hope you don't mind I used your picture cuz you did such an awesome job. Let me know!

    http://theincredibleevolvingwoman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do not mind that you use my picture. I had never dead lifted before or done anything life the Silk Ropes, so I am so glad that I went and learned something new about myself and what I can do. My favorite yoga instructor says that the only limitations that you have are from your mind, your body will surprise you if you ever give it the chance. :) I love to try new things! Thank you for your comment here on my blog. Its still a baby blog and I dont get many so I was excited to see one. :)

    ReplyDelete