Saturday, December 29, 2012

Persimmon Pudding

This year I got a bunch of persimmons in my bountiful basket and wanted to make something very traditional with them. So I did a search on old fashioned persimmon recipes and came up with a persimmon pudding.







The recipe looked very simple and really yummy.  I gathered all of my ingredients.
































 




































I was worried that the persimmons wouldn't puree very well, but after peeling and cutting them up I tossed them into a blender, they pureed up just fine. :)

 









 The rest of the ingredients get mixed up and folding them all together was a real easy and smooth process. I did not need a mixer at all, I could have even pureed the persimmons by hand too if I wanted to. They were very ripe and soft. :)










After mixing up the batter I sprayed a bunt pan and filled it with the batter. I actually had some left over and made a loaf pan as well. The recipe would have either made a very big bunt cake or 2-3 loaf cakes. 






It came out very spongy and moist.    While it was baking, I tried to think of a good way to top this moist cake.  I decided to make a buttered rum glaze.  
I heated the butter and the rum together in a saucepan and then stirred in the powdered sugar and made a glaze.  It worked very well on the cake. :)

 


While peeling the persimmons I made a rose for a friend of mine. :)

Let me know if you try out this recipe and how you liked it.  Me and my friends and family that got to try it really liked it. :)
Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment