Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Allergy Free Breakfast Tacos

I hate to use the term "Allergy Free" because everyone has different allergies, but to keep my title short, that is what I went with.  

I was tending a little 3 year old that is allergic to peanuts, egg, milk, and soy. (whew, right?)  So I made these breakfast tacos.  They were pretty darn good!!

I am sorry for the crazy fuzzy pictures, they looked fine on my phone, but then when I moved them to my computer they were not so grand, but by then all the tacos were gone. :(\



 First I chopped up some green peppers, mushrooms, white onions, turkey sausage, and bacon and sauteed them until they were nice and brown and smelled yummy.

While I was sauteing that I was boiling some rice. I love the long grain boil in a bag rice, but you can use any kind of rice you'd like.

I then added the rice and some black beans to the pan.  I use no salt added canned black beans and then drain and rinse them thoroughly first. 





Then I put them in a corn tortilla and top with some tomatoes.  (shown above)



I like to make sure that the corn tortillas are just corn meal and not corn treated with lime. Unfortunately the store I was at last night preparing for today did not have that option.  It makes it a better quality tortilla and besides, who the heck wants to eat lime???  (not lime the citrus fruit, but Lime the chemical.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_%28material%29)

 


After I fed the little one I scrambled up some eggs to toss the rest of the mixture into. 
(no offense little guy, but I wanted to taste it that way too) 

And for the record: I really liked the plain one with no egg or cheese. Would be better if I had added a slice or two of avocado, but didn't think of that until later. 



I topped this one with some tomatoes and cheddar cheese.  It was Fabulous!

Again, I should have gotten out some avocado.  But next time I will. :)











Let me know in the comments if you tried this one and how you liked it. 

Have a Great Tuesday and
HAPPY EATING!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment